- Of the second rank; not primary.
- Minor; lesser.
- Derived from what is primary or original: a secondary source; a secondary infection.
- Of, relating to, or being the shorter flight feathers projecting along the inner edge of a bird’s wing.
- Electricity Having an induced current that is generated by an inductively coupled primary. Used of a circuit or coil.
- Chemistry Characterized or formed by replacement of two atoms or radicals within a molecule. Used of a compound.
- Geology Produced from another mineral by decay or alteration.
- Of or relating to a secondary school: secondary education.
- Of or relating to a secondary color or colors.
- Being a degree of health care intermediate between that offered in a physician’s office and that available at a research hospital, as the care typically offered at a clinic or community hospital.
- Botany Of, relating to, or derived from a lateral meristem, especially a cambium.